TRˣ: Transmission Reliability Excellence
Analytic Insight at the Speed of Thought
UMS Group’s TRˣ solution enables transmission executives, managers, and reliability engineers to manage and report on the key metrics mandated by regulators, providing decision support analytics with deep insight into over 70 industry-recognized transmission system metrics. TRˣ delivers “analytic insight at the speed of thought,” helping utilities to manage and target investments in programs that achieve optimum reliability objectives.
TRˣ is a modular application that seamlessly integrates data from previously siloed application databases (OMS, GIS, WMS, CYME, SAP, etc.) with various external data sources (e.g., weather, climate, environment, wildfire, municipal, political boundaries, etc.) and applies predictive analytics and optimization algorithms to identify opportunities for improved results in operations, investments, and prioritization of work/initiatives.
TRˣ – Taking You to the Next Level of Data-Driven Insights
The entire TRˣ platform is a highly flexible/configurable operational analytics tool suite built around pre-structured analytics based on industry best practices and benchmarks.
Reliability optimization functionality combined with AI and ML support predictive analytics in:
- Risk-based allocation of funding for Inspections and other PM work
- Cycle Inspection Planning & Performance
- Weather Vulnerability
- Outage Forecasting
- Optimum budget allocation across reliability improvement programs
- Performance Gap Identification
Risk based Funding Allocation for Inspection Work
Cycle Inspection Planning & Performance
Weather Vulnerability (Heat and Storm) & Outage Forecasting
Reliability Improvement Programs – Identifying Performance Gaps and Optimum Budget Allocation
TRˣ Highlight: Transmission System Inspections
Use risk-based methodologies in combination with traditional inspection requirement cycles to organize, optimize, track and document when each circuit, structure, and/or span is inspected and by inspection type (i.e., walking, climbing, and aerial – including: high-def imagery, LIDAR, Infrared, Corona, etc.)
- Link to image library so that senior executives or asset managers can review inspection photos associated with specific assets or high priority work orders.
- Log identification and classification/prioritization of defects discovered.
- Track/report on schedule adherence and compliance of circuit inspections completed, defects discovered and repaired, and risks mitigated.
How TRˣ Can Help You Better Understand Your Data
- Weather Vulnerability
- Storm Hardening Priorities
- Outage Forecasting
- Optimum Budget Allocation Across Reliability Improvement Programs
- Risk-based Allocation of Funding for VM, Inspections, and Other PM Work
ANALYSIS AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT
- Expand system insights and quickly perform root cause analyses
- Respond to executive or regulatory questions with speed and agility
- Substitute clicks for queries to merge, filter, sort, select
- Analyze & export data and evidence
DATA DRIVEN INSIGHTS (Emergency Response Example)
- Predict impacts of extreme weather events and storms down to the segment level, mobilize crews and materials ahead of time to nearby safe locations
- Visually plot areas with higher expected outages (i.e., see darker colors on map to left)
CIRCUIT LEVEL BENCHMARKS
- Benchmark performance of each circuit with similar circuits of peers (i.e., length, voltage, age, etc.)
- Set appropriate targets for reliability
- Identify opportunities for improvement
COST AND TIME SAVINGS
- Determine where to invest for the best value – i.e., the first data point shows a large number of outages and no spend, highlighting a need for investment
- Save time & money with ability to chart and analyze data very rapidly compared with traditional means such as Access, Excel, etc.
Benefits of TRˣ
In addition to all the benefits highlighted for our DRˣ application, the following are TRˣ-specific benefits
TRANSMISSION SYSTEM RESILIENCY
Determine if your reliability investments are working (i.e. have the impacts of past investments lived up to promises of improved reliability, risk reduction achieved, likely climate change impacts, etc.?)
Utilize predictive analytics to determine vulnerability to support preparations for major storm events
COMPREHENSIVE RELIABILITY METRIC ANALYSIS
View metrics from sources such as EPRI (TOFI, SOFI, MOFI), NERC TADS (SODT, MTTR, MTBF), NA TX Benchmark (SARI, CARI, FOHMY), and many more
TRANSMISSION SYSTEM INSPECTION TRACKING
Link to image library so that senior execs or asset managers can pull up actual inspection photos associated with specific assets or high priority defects/work orders
Track/report on compliance that circuits were inspected, defects discovered, and defects repaired/risks mitigated
TRANSMISSION CIRCUIT OR SYSTEM LEVEL BENCHMARKS
Set target performance levels for availability and reliability for each circuit based on its characteristics and then roll the results up to system-level performance targets
IDENTIFICATION OR CORRECTION OF ASSET INFORMATION DEFICIENCIES
Correct data issues and complete missing data through initiatives to gather elevation and spans data, identify orphaned assets or structures, etc.
Practical Applications of TRˣ
Utilize TRˣ inspection planning capabilities to map out upcoming inspections for up to a 10 year period including insights into types of inspection, scope, delivery platform, etc.
Future inspection due dates are automatically generated based on the time period selected, prior inspection completions, and configurable inspection cycles.
Effectively manage inspection productivity and costs through quick dissemination and visualization of inspection activities with the Inspection Performance module. Gain insights into top-performing individuals or areas and identify opportunities to enhance best practice sharing within the organization. Develop targets and track performance against these targets at an individual, team, area, and organizational level.
Quickly and effectively gain insights scheduled inspections and current completion status across your service territory utilizing the visualization capabilities of TRˣ.
Efficiently determine current status of high-priority inspections through configurable mapping layers highlighting areas of importance such as fire zones, corrosion zones, etc.
Utilize real-time weather forecasts that can identify rapidly approaching storms or extreme weather events and generate a series of automated alerts/reports of forecasted damage, identifying circuits (or circuit segments) most likely to be impacted. This can facilitate dispatching resources to locations with highest likelihood of damage — saving you time and money and improving restoration performance.
TRˣ Overview Flyer
DRˣ TRˣ VMˣ Brochure
Talk to Our Experts Today
Insights in Your Inbox
Receive perspectives on the industries and issues that matter.