IAM Qualification Training
As an Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Endorsed Trainer, UMS Group offers customized on-site training for project teams that are seeking IAM Qualifications and for organizations that are pursuing asset management best practices and ISO 55000 certification.
Foundation Award Training
A one-day introductory awareness course that enables individuals across all sectors and departments to support their organization’s asset management activities.
The IAM Certificate recognizes individual asset management knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of asset management. This 3-day training serves as a preparation course to later obtain the IAM Certificate in a two-hour online exam.
High level summaries of the key aspects of asset management targeted at the executive management level and focused on the business impacts of asset management practices.
IAM Six Short Course Modules
These training modules are based on identified training requirements related to the IAM Competences Framework and complement the requirements of ISO 55001 and/or BSI PAS 55:2008
Benefits of Our Offering:
LIVE, HIGHLY INTERACTIVE SESSIONS AT AFFORDABLE RATES
Our approach to training is a live facilitated method with high levels of participant interaction. We generally conduct sessions of 25-50 individuals, resulting in an efficient, affordable way to level up the skillset of your entire team.
HIGH VALUE CREATED BY INDUSTRY AND COMPANY SPECIFIC CONTENT
We tailor all training to the specific context of a given organization and industry, ensuring relevant, high-value sessions that further propel you toward meeting your goals. Further, we combine the theoretical framework with your reality by incorporating practical AM examples from your organization.
SESSIONS LED BY ENDORSED TRAINERS ENSURE ALIGNMENT WITH IAM AND ISO STANDARDS
UMS Group is both an IAM Endorsed Trainer and Endorsed Assessor; our endorsed trainer staff bring deep experience and ensure content aligned with international standards.
MINIMAL INTERRUPTION TO YOUR BUSINESS BY CONDUCTING THE SESSIONS ON-SITE AT YOUR LOCATION OR VIRTUALLY
We offer significant flexibility in setting up sessions to meet your schedule, whether you prefer to have us onsite or lead the training virtually. The days, times, and lengths of sessions can be fit into your already busy calendars. We can also offer advice on successful approaches for either format.
- Ensures that workforce is aligned around common AM terminologies and best practices as we embark on executing all of the workstreams on the AM Roadmap, including development of the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
- Ensures that your company is building the right competencies that are essential for transforming the company culture to adopt a holistic, systematic asset management approach
- Starting the IAM training now provides high value at low cost and is an integral element of our People Strategy to proactively help build an effective asset management-focused organizational culture
IAM Qualification Training
High-level summaries of the key aspects of asset management targeted at the executive management level and focused on the business impacts of asset management. Executive briefings typically cover the following topics:
- What is asset management?
- What are the strategic drivers behind asset management?
- How do utilities derive value from asset management?
- What is the scope of the asset management discipline?
- What does best practice asset management look like?
- What are commonly used systems and technologies?
- What are the organizational challenges of the asset management journey?
The Foundation Award training is a one-day introductory awareness course that enables individuals across all sectors and departments to support the organization’s asset management activities. This training provides the level of understanding necessary to enable the asset management activities of the organization and serve as evidence necessary for ISO 55001 certification. The course covers:
- Basic asset management concepts, principles, and terminology
- The breadth of asset management activities
- Common characteristics of good asset management
- Some commonly used techniques
- The types of benefits organizations can realize
- Potential next steps for organizations who wish to continue with their asset management journey
The IAM Certificate recognizes individual asset management knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of asset management. To be awarded the IAM Certificate, candidates will need to pass an online exam administered at an independent testing facility.
The training modules that form the basis for the exam are as follows:
Title of Examination
Principles of Asset Management
M1 – Principles of Asset Management
M2 – Asset Management Policy, Strategy, and Planning
M3 – Managing Asset Life Cycle Decisions and Activities
M4 – Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
M5 – Finance and Business Impacts
– Wastewater Production and/or Distribution
Other Industries: Mining
UMS Group has helped over 400 clients worldwide to implement Strategic Asset Management
For organizations seeking Asset Management Best Practice
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the Asset Management training delivered?
In response to social distancing, many people have to work from home these days. The upside of this is that you might have less distractions. This means you can use the time to develop your Asset Management capabilities!
Use this opportunity to learn about Strategic AM best practices via videoconference with our skilled trainers. Optionally, you can then take the IAM Certificate Exam. Even if you choose not to take the exam, after the training you will know how the AM Value Chain should work from a strategic, tactical, and operational perspective.
How long is the training?
It varies by the type of training: Executive Briefing and Foundation Award Training are each 1 day. IAM Certification Training is 3 days of training plus the exam. It is recommended that participants take the test soon after the training, so information is fresh in their minds.
UMS Is an Endorsed Trainer and Assessor:
IAM ETS Certificate
IAM EA Certificate
Talk to Our Experts Today
Insights in Your Inbox
Receive perspectives on the industries and issues that matter.