International Transmission Asset Management Study (ITAMS)
ITAMS, a spin-off of ITOMS, is a study of Asset Management as a management discipline, and places measures on the key areas needed to perform Value Based Asset Management. The framework of the programme has strong linkage to the PAS 55/ ISO 55000 standard, to measure the effectiveness of the Asset Management function.
The transmission business is confronted with a number of global issues, like aging equipment and workforce, and increased regulatory pressure for improving reliability/availability without a proportionate increase in OPEX. All these issues are each presenting unique challenges and opportunities. How do utilities cope with these issues throughout the world? What are their practices and how are they organized to meet the company’s objectives? These and other related issues are addressed in the ITAMS program and the participating companies can compare with their peers and participate in a results/best practices conference designed for asset managers responsible for addressing opportunities and implementing improvement initiatives.
Benefits of participating in ITAMS:
- Obtain facts for the support of improvements of the current AM system in your company.
- Get new ideas by sharing best practices with your peers, based on a common framework.
- Gain insight how value-based asset management is implemented in comparable regions.
- Compare performance on the Strategic objective level: i.e. safety, quality of service, legal, environment and finance.
- Gather comparative diagnostics and benchmarks that can be used for target setting, gap analysis, process optimization, organization development, and in productive dialogue with governing boards and regulators.